Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Me...virus...losing battle

It appears that I have a nasty cold. The kind that drops straight to your chest, causing extreme pain when you cough. I thought I was just feeling old yesterday—achy joints, no energy.

By evening, there was no doubt a virus was involved. By 4 a.m., I was desperate for night to be over, so day could end. Normally, I worry about time passing quickly, but I’m willing to trade a little youth for comfort today…

I haven’t told you about The Aerie. My children think the name sounds spooky, but I love it. It means a dwelling on a height, which conjures images of precipices and sweeping views. My Aerie is tamer, but it makes me feel the same.

Hmmm…I need to lay quietly right now--my mocha IV keeps tangling around the keyboard. If I’m not beaten down after work, I’ll finish my story. Too dramatic, I know... I'm sure my sun-loving brother is chuckling, anxious to tell me how warm it is where he lives…sigh…

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sorry the virus has gotten hold of you! Be strong- not all of us are fortunate enough to have the Mocha IV option. Warm weather no- sun yes. However- winter storm watch begins Thursday, snow will be falling!!! Carly