Thursday, November 21, 2013

Awakening


The last fall leaves are gently swaying outside my window.  The sun is shining; the sky is dark blue and crystal clear.  It's icy cold and gorgeous.

I'm not working today...in fact, I don't return to work until December 2.  My preschool program follows the kindergarten conference schedule, so we don't have school when they don't have school...one of my favorite perks :)

I'm heading to the wildlife refuge after I finish my coffee.  It's only a few miles from my house, and I go there often to regroup and recharge.

I haven't blogged much in recent years--this has been a strange time in my life.  I guess I'm redefining myself as my children grow up and leave home...a process that has taken its toll in more ways than I imagined.  I've taken some positive, writing steps during the past six months though--I joined a local writers' group and started a book group with some new friends.

Baby steps, but they feel good :)

No comments: