Saturday, June 28, 2008

Extra Sensory...Perhaps


Yesterday, I knew I’d win a children’s book. I knew it with certainty. When the workshop instructor announced a drawing for the book, I crossed it off my purchase list. The drawing took place as the workshop ended…I calmly waited for my name to be announced. Truly, the drawing wasn’t rigged…I just knew the outcome.

Similar experiences happen to other people too. What I want to know, is how and why? Some people experience this phenomenon often—I assume they’re on government payrolls... I experience it a few times per decade, not enough for Phenom status. Still, it’s pretty cool…

Unfortunately, there seems to be no rhyme or reason to my “future previews,” although the first time, my newborn son was fighting for his life. During the middle of the night, his name came to me, a sense of peace washed over me, and I knew he would be OK. I didn’t worry again for the remaining two weeks he was in the hospital.

It sounds like this post is heading toward profound revelations...it's not :) If I understood what I was talking about, I’d tap into it for personal gain. OK, I’d actually want world peace, clean air, world-wide common sense (I know, get real...just thought I'd throw it out there) and then personal gain.

I suppose the government would grab me first though, plunking me into a think tank. Viewing phenom status that way, I’m pretty content lacking any ability whatsoever for personal gain. Hmmm, in hindsight, that last sentence isn't very flattering. Hindsight is quite reliable, but only valuable if it affects foresight...ah a profound revelation at last.


Wow…I just envisioned a tall, iced coffee on my kitchen counter...no mystery there, I forgot to bring it with me when I came in here...

No comments: