Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Who's on first???


“How do I get rid of this?”
“Get rid of what?”
“This picture thing?”
“You’re taking a picture.”
“I don’t want to take a picture”
“Well, you’re in camera mode.”
“I don’t want to be in camera mode.”
“Well, you are.”


This is one of many conversations flying back and forth between a grandmother (GM) and her two teenaged grandchildren. GM loaned her phone to her granddaughter…big mistake. Now there are names, texts, etc. GM doesn’t recognize. Her grandson is having a great time sandbagging, rather than helping, her.

You’re wondering how I’m part of this scenario, right? I’m in a dental waiting room with nothing better to do, and this trio enjoys talking at high decibels. At the moment, granddaughter is with the orthodontist, and GM just expressed relief that she only has two grandchildren...harsh...but she obviously knows her limits.


“Help me get rid of that stuff your sister put on my phone.”
“What stuff?”
“That texting she does.”
“What texting?”
“I don’t know, I can’t find it.”
“You have texts?”
“I have names I don’t know, and I don’t want em. See, like this one—it says new contact.”
“That’s not a text.” (Heavy eye rolling on the grandson’s part) “That’s someone who called you.”
“I know your sister made texts.”
“You have texts?”

Abbott and Costello have nothing on this family.

No comments: